With Reflex Football’s 10th official Pro Draft around the corner, players from all over the Metro-Atlanta are registering for the opportunity to be one of 56 players drafted to compete in RFB Pro X.
As a courtesy to all our registered players, this draft guide was written to provide players with deeper insight on the RFB Pro Draft process, as well as direct advice on how to improve your chances of earning a roster spot from one of the eight RFB Pro teams.
- Must be 18 years or older to play
- Must complete draft registration form by Wednesday, May 15th at 11:59 PM
- Must pay draft fee by Wednesday, May 15th at 11:59 PM
Tryout Draft Registration: $20
If you competed in at least one drill at one of the RFB Pro tryouts this year, then your draft registration fee was paid upon trying out.
Non-Tryout Draft Registration: $40
If you have not competed in either of the RFB Pro tryouts this year, then your registration fee will be paid upon completing the Draft Registration Form.
How much do I owe after I get drafted?
ALL DRAFT PLAYERS are subject to pay their remaining season fee of $110 (not including draft fee), after being drafted. Due date for fees are dependent on the team, but typically, you’ll want to pay your fees in full immediately after being drafted in order to guarantee your team receive the best possible experience. Fees are not intended to rob players, in fact, the league receives no profit from player season fees. Every dollar is put towards affording the things necessary to provide players with the highest quality adult flag football league experience possible. Our strategic partners are all taking a hit financially to provide us with the uniforms, field, and media to make this experience possible. We ask that players please respect the league fees, as well as the energy, time and effort sacrificed to make this experience possible. As a grown and responsible individual, we expect that, if you register to play RFB Pro, you commit to paying your fees in a timely and hassle-free manner.
- Compete in as many drills as possible so teams can see everything you can do that might help their squad.
- Try to attend both tryouts if possible (you only have to pay the fee once)
- Try to secure any good footage from tryouts and repost in the players chat, or send it to teams via Instagram (links below)
- Don’t forget to complete the draft registration form by Wednesday, May 15th at 11:59 PM
- Attend the draft (on time)!!! This is easily the #1 thing you can do to increase your chances of having your name called. Players will be given the opportunity to interact directly with owners and teams at the draft. This also gives teams another opportunity to recognize your face.
- Dress for success. For draft-hopeful players, it shows that you respect and take the league seriously. Owners, volunteers, sponsors, and players invest time, money, and energy into putting together this experience. We want to see that players understand and respect the league and genuinely want to be drafted to play and be a part of it.
- Make sure you are ready to pay your remaining $110 season fee, as soon as you are drafted. The #1 reason players get dropped and replaced from teams after being drafted is due to not being able to pay dues. Paying your dues on time ensures teams will receive the most out of the experience.
- Post your highlights and top plays in the players chat, and/or DM them to RFB team pages on Instagram. No football highlights? Use you’re phone to record yourself doing football drills, catching/throwing a football, running routes, working out etc.
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Your character is important to RFB Pro teams, not just your ability in the field. There are ZERO guarantees of you getting drafted regardless of how good you think you are or how well you think you did in tryouts. Don’t get complacent and think you don’t have to go the extra mile to be drafted. It is very easy be forgotten or looked over with so many players all fighting for a spot.
What if I don’t get drafted?
First, please ensure you read and follow the tips listed in this guideline to maximize your chances of being drafted to a team. However, if you still end up not being drafted, don’t give up! Undrafted players are the only players that RFB Pro teams are eligible to sign to replace injured or dropped players.
Please continue to speak up in the players chat, and communicate with team owners after the draft. Remind them that you are willing to join their squad and ready to pay fees in case one of their players is dropped from the team. Players on average drop and replace anywhere between 2-4 players each. There are plenty of chances to still get picked up if you are not drafted, so again, DON’T GIVE UP!
Contact RFB Pro Teams
Click the links below to be taken to the team’s Instagram page, where you can follow and interact with each of the eight RFB Pro teams.
I hope this article is of use to players who really want to play in this league. Good luck this Friday to everyone in the draft, and may the odds be ever in your favor! 🏆